- Newcastle - Belfast - April 1st - (Taken over from Bristish Airways)
- Dublin - Newcastle - April 1st - (Taken over from British Airways)
- Dublin - Bristol - April 1st - (Taken over from British Airways)
- Dublin - Cardiff - April 1st - (Taken over from British Airways)
- Bristol - Jersey - April 1st - (Taken over from British Airways)
- Cardif - Jersey - April 1st - (Taken over from British Airways)
- Bristol - Guernsey - April 1st - (Taken over from British Airways)
- Cardiff - Guernsey - April 1st - (Taken over from British Airways)
- Leeds/Bradford - Guernsey - April 1st - (Taken over from British Airways)
- Bristol - Paris - April 1st - (Taken over from British Airways)
- Cardiff - Paris - April 1st - (Taken over from British Airways)
- Gatwick - Munich - May 1st
- Berlin (Tegal) - Amsterdam - Rights granted.
- Gatwick - Cork - Approved
- West Berlin-Amsterdam and Tees-side-Dublin services started - April 1st.
- Gatwick-Cork - Commenced April 13th
- Aberdeen - Newcastle - June 6th
- Newcastle - Jersey - June 6th
- CAA licence granted Gatwick - Dublin - August 27th
- Gatwick - Dublin - Daily service started. - June 28th
- Gatwick - Zurich - CAA Licence granted - August 11th
- London Heathrow - Inverness - Route Applies for October 28th
- London Heathrow - Inverness - 27th March - (Taken over from British Airways)
- London Heathrow - Belfast (Taken over from BMA)
- Gatwick - Zurich - Daily from April 30th
- Aberdeen - Gatwick - 21st May
- Inverness - Gatwick - 21st May
New Routes & Improvements To Existing Routes:
- The airline started a Saarbrucken-West Berlin service, taking over the contract TAT. - January 9th
- Heathrow - Belfast (Aldergrove) - Taken over from British Midland. Dan-Air operated twice daily until March 26th then 3 x daily jet service - introduced the lowest fares on the route. - 5th February
- Gatwick - Zurich route now twice daily - 30th April
- Berne services increased to nine weekly - 30th April
- Manchester - Zurich - Daily service commenced - May 14th
- Gatwick - Jersey all year round service commenced - May 30th
- Newcastle / Tees-side - Amsterdam Commenced - July 16th
- Tees Side / Newcastle - Belfast - Replacing Genair on this service.
- Jet service to Guernsey from Bristol and Cardiff (Replacing HS748)
- London Hathrow - Manchester - Approval granted. This service would be in direct competition to British Airways' Super Shuttle - Plans to commence services April 1st 1985
- Inverness - Manchester - Route applied for - Hopes to comence April 1st 1985
- Birmingham - Geneva - 16 Weeks ski flights
International & UK Routes (Click To Enlarge)
WINTER (Click to enlarge
New Routes & Improvements To Existing Routes
- January - Applied for weekly Gatwick-Lourdes service - January.
- London Heathrow - Manchester service commenced in direct competition with BA - April 1st
- Manchester - Inverness
- Manchester - Newcastle - Oslo service that connected at Newcastle with Bergen & Stavanger flights began
- Gatwick-Lourdes commenced - April 6th
- Gatwick - Munich services resumes 3 times weekly after break of 4 years - May 1st
- Manchester - Montpellier service begins - May 24th
- London Heathrow - Manchester service discontinued. August
- Gatwick - Innsbruck service begins - December 15th
- Dan Air applied to Civil Aviation Authority to serve Lisbon & Oporto from Manchester commencing 1987
- The company appealed against a rejection for the flights to operate from Gatwick - Lisbon
- Gained Civil Aviation Authority approval to operate London Gatwick - Santiago (Portugal) & Seville (Spain) subject to Portugese & Spanish government approval.
NEW ROUTES & ROUTE CHANGES:
- 4 April - Manchester-Lourdes service started - April 4th.
- Gatwick-Lisbon service started - May 4th.
- Gatwick - Toulon (South of France) Route approval
- Gatwick - Perpignan becomes all year route
NEW ROUTES & ROUTE CHANGES
- Gatwick - Madrid service commences - May 1st.
- Gatwick - Ibiza service commences - May 1st.
- Gatwick - Mahon service commences - May 16th.
- Gatwick - Nice - service commences - October 23rd.
- Manchester - Aberdeen service commences October 23rd.
- Gatwick - Paris Charles De Gaulle - October
- Gatwick - Manchester - Service Commences - October
NEW ROUTES & ROUTES CHANGES
- Gatwick - Dublin - Increased weekly services from 9 to 12 - March 26th.
- Gatwick - Cork - Service withdrawn
- Manchester-Berne - Weekly service from December 17th - March 18th 1990 for use of winter sports travellers.
DISCUSS THIS SUBJECT